As graduates of Teterboro School, we know that you represent
the highest standards in the aviation industry!
(Courtesy of Harry Dahlstrom, author of “The Job Hunting Handbook”)
1. Wear Appropriate clothing.
2. Don’t show up late for your interview.
3. Know what the company does.
4. Know why you want to work for that company.
5. Don’t be overly concerned with money and benefits.
6 Don’t complain about former job, employer, or co-workers.
7. Act positive.
8. Ask questions.
9. Don’t exaggerate about your abilities, skills, and accomplishments.
10. Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses.
11. Sell yourself.
12. Exhibit appropriate behavior.
13. Don’t assume that the interview will lead to a position.
14. Use humor and warmth by telling a short story about yourself.
15. Follow up with a thank you note.
Individuals who already have their A & P Licenses, will receive 69 credits toward a Bachelor of Science degree from Thomas Edison State University. So if getting an advanced degree is in your future, contact them for more information. Click here to visit their website.
If you have outstanding student loans, you may be wise to consolidate these loans. Click here to get more information from the Department of Education.
Refresher Program for Students
If you have been out of school for at least one year, and don’t have either your A or P certificates, you will need to take the refresher course in order to get full credit for the programs.
Please contact the school director for particulars.
Proficiency Exams are an integral part of the curriculum. Each student is required to take and pass the General, Powerplant, and Airframe Proficiency Exams to be certificated. These exams are given in the last block (Block 10). The exams are given one week prior to the end of the block. If a student does not pass any Proficiency Exam on the first attempt, there is a mandatory waiting period before a retake may be attempted. You will need to contact the front office to be re-scheduled. Remember, that all time and monies must be satisfied, and you will need to pay for the retakes in advance, in order to be re-scheduled. Remember, if you have been out of school for at least one year, and don’t have either your A or P certificates, you will need to take the refresher course in order to get full credit for the program. Please contact the school director for particulars.